Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stretto

Our fingers meet at point,
                          assemble, form, and bind.
And our voices touch, creating words and warmth from way of sight,
                                                                                       gain strength on soil that has scarce met rain
but now blessed by
                                    bloom,
we taste awe and
if
I close my eyes, I can see your kindred secret fear.
                  Your limbs are doe eyed, grasping roots,
                                 steadied only by my nimble rise.
Now woven,
                                    each separate
                                                     turn returns to theme,
                                                                        overlapping borders.
Tear down the last of my
        defenses,
my fruitless imitations of excuse.
          Erode with captivation my constitution of
          exclusion.
My length rode in on stipulation but here in dell of derivation,
source
                 of vegetation,
                                  I find I'm more inclined to linger.
Inside chimerical divulgement, delicious verse, verbs are vows of sorts,
                                         so I bow now, less uncertain than before,
                                                beneath this fiery blush of budding.
                                                                             Scrawl the script and I
                                                                                    will supervene.
Shape my shadows, and rearrange the memories of my cells, one by one, to free me.
Readjust each feeble freshness I imagine
with
                                                                cease of wind
and in this brush,with driven valuation, pops of color will reemerge,
a fashioned replica of flourish, now revisited.

The Sunday Whirl


                                                     

3 comments:

  1. ...verbs are vows of sorts...
    LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested that the two characters in the poem share a kindred fear, probably one which neither of them will discuss, but both are aware of.

    An Acrostic Whirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the arrangement of your poem. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete