Saturday, March 8, 2014

Like Birds

I am trying
         trying to make words
do
what they simply cannot do.
I list them neatly; arrange
down page.
  Order.
Fail.  Cage;
align; break; change;
apprehend, collar-
                      clutch,
 imprison with connection,
syntax, chains of chanting. Trill,
 like birds,
words. Sing,
artiste.

Nightingale
has passed, entombed
                        now
inside entendre. No, she
sings daintily, sweetly, so,
quickly,
quietly,
release.
Sing, sweet
songbird, smooth notes,
croon,
 to ease this solitude. Stroke
 your wings against my brow. Dark
                   songstress,
                   sing.  Catch
me with
your grace.
Upon my fingers,
  perch;
 as if matches to ignite
burning into rhyme. Trigger
winging-
fancy. 

Thrust, thrush,
your smooth,
surmising  point of
view
upon me. Thrill me. Your lay
paints, slanting on my window
 the rain
way. Rush
through. Stir
the wait
of twilight.  Trace the
stars
or bead them on a string you
bring to me. Feed spherules to
me as
you would
your young.

Feed me
theme. Glittering, on my
tongue,
flowering. Fledgling star-words,
germinate,  blossom, claw up
and out
            to sign,
flowing,
glowing
glossy hues of words
to
dapple blank; flitter, hover,
perch, halve to double. Truss. In
mercy,
invade
my mind,

 in verse,
in verbs, in vowel-chimes,
ghost-
fire witness pressing in
imagining  influence,
fertile
power

No comments:

Post a Comment