Friday, January 9, 2015

Home

I have a home   I have memories of an earlier home
I have children   I was an only child
I have the near constant hum of noise
I remember the sounds of fighting
and chilled silence
I have loads and loads of laundry  washed
and unwashed   I did not learn how to wash
my own clothes until I was married
I usually have dishes in the sink 
I had tea parties with my dolls
I have art supplies  I used to draw Betty
and Veronica from the Archie Comics
I have a Bundt cake pan  
The first time I tried to bake a cake  the eggs
hardboiled themselves
inside the cake
I have a husband who cooks  We ate out a lot
I have books  
Books were my friends
I have help 
I felt alone  
I have love   I wanted love
I have fears   Fear grew inside me
I have imperfect vision   I wore huge glasses
I have responsibilities  credit cards
and no savings  
I never thought
to worry about money
I have routine   I enjoyed making lists
I am divorced and remarried  
I prayed
that my parents would stay together
I am an ex-piano player  
I hated practicing the piano
I wish I could still play
I have a busy mind   I had an active imagination
I have holes in my memory   I learned early
to fill in the blanks



Poets & Writers
Pink. Girl. Ink.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Greetings:

    how are you today?

    Thursday Poets Rally Week 80, You Are Invited, Free of Theme….Hope to see you in…


    http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2015/02/hyde-park-poetry-palace-thursdy-poets.html



    Happy February, Have A Productive Monday!

    Keep Writing poetry, share with poets rally ...

    We're bless to have you with US , your talent and inspirations are JOY to have
    and appear INVALUABLE to US!

    take good care,
    Thanks for the smiles!
    xoxox















    ReplyDelete