Thursday, November 15, 2012

What I Need

Gray suits me and I need you, baby.
             These days of sun
                                   strike
waken me
   and I find myself in need.
                       I want to
bask in sweet nothings and talk for hours,
                            hear your voice.
                                              I've had enough of Shakespeare's sonnets,
Melville's
musings,
Eliot's enigmas. I'm craving simple, lounging dawn-to-dark with television, treats.
   I'm weak.
        Weak without
you
and I need you, baby.
The commonplace, I long for, long nights at your place,
                                                                          please.
I'm falling short of words, not a thing to say.
I'm light and easy, healthy, waiting on your laugh,
                                                              relishing, enraptured by your
captivating superfluity,
                 silenced by your
flourished speech, patiently I'm missing you, desire dilating.
      I want to
              take a back road,
get lost in your gaze, marry in the morn.
             I've had enough of me.  I need some more of you.


Imaginary Garden With Real Toads

No comments:

Post a Comment