Friday, November 11, 2011

“Would you ever leave? I mean, would you leave if I wanted you to?” she asked Josh. 

It was evening here.  He'd been waiting and they sat side by side under a willow tree.  The sun was turning in for the day and Josh’s face appeared shadowy. 

“Would you want me to?” he asked.

“No,” she admitted, a deep regret for asking him that question rising in her.  How could she want that? How could she possibly want to give up the one thing, the one person, who bestowed upon her a sense of belonging.

“I’ll stay with you for as long as you want,” he declared, leaning back, placing his hands behind his head for a pillow.  Jess did the same and they stared at the sky which was canopied in clouds tonight.  Starless.  

Why was it night?  She sat up with that thought, knowing it had never been night here before and then when she was sitting, it was in her bed.  

She peeled back the curtain and looked into her backyard.  The sky was cloudy and starless.  

Art Every Day - My first time

2 comments:

  1. Very intriguing, I wanted to read more!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful storytelling. I am very intrigued as well and want to know what is going on with this couple!

    ReplyDelete