Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Small


I am so small,
standing here before You. 
                               You, eternal.
                               You, King of all Kings.
                               You, creator of the Heavens and the Earth and, before you, I stand,          
stunted and in awe. 
The ocean, glorious, endless as you, laps and I stare. 
The trees tower,
      telling me stories from long ago.
                          I gasp, breathless at the beauty. 
                          I embrace my smallness, for before You, I am safe. 
                                                                             You encompass me with a love that extends beyond all stars, beyond all galaxies and I look as far as I can see, knowing I will never see it all. 
The sand,
You know its count, the amount of grains, so yes, too, then also the number of hairs on my head. 
         And I come back to this belief, when I grab for control, think myself in charge.
                                        How?
I am small. 
You, vast as the sea, grander than the tallest tree.
       It’s all from You.
      It’s all for You.




submitting at inkpaperpen

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This poem speaks of exactly what I believe too. Thankyou so much for sharing this. Inspiring and lovely and a great way for me to start my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful piece of prose x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very powerful poem. I enjoyed every line. This line was my favorite "The ocean, glorious, endless as you, laps and I stare." Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written - you have captured this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the depth of the emotions in this poem-it is clearly more than just gratitude. Thank you for a wonderful piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This matched the photo perfectly, Love the small font and the capitalised "You". A lovely piece, thanks for sharing Nicole. As always. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely piece, such simplicity, but a sense of awe and devotion
    Kate

    ReplyDelete