Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Once,
paradise, I knew on earth- a promise vowed and a view within
                                                                     where

wind

stilled
and hope grew wild.
                         I wandered
                                      Eden as a child, unalone and unafraid.

We spoke in grove of citrus, and when I woke, I wept, still craving
                                for then I understood my soul.
                                      There,
in safety,
            you gently warned of coming chill.
The
trees, I imagine,
frost gnawed
                 now, foliage, foiled.
                                         I've not returned,
but daily vied - for your eyes
                  eternal and kind, your words forgiving.  I saw you better then.
                                     I turn in sleep where
comfort blooms anew, groping, grown,
            to see the
            tears you've stored, at last released.
            This need
unparalleled.
Once more, the sight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment