Wednesday, April 17, 2013

of love

Inflicted, shall I embrace this
       thorn?  Bend beneath
       the will?

Infected, shall I resist
        this imperfection? Fight
        incitement? This
        tyrannous whirl?


Ardent bands of brilliance
                          light my
escape, and breathing humble
                   but emboldened
                   by embers, I find
                                     I
can
follow your
song.

Do you hear me?

It's only you, and I resist
                     and I
succumb.

Your hands know of this,
recognize pain.

I see
but won't believe.  I believe
but won't see.

Shall I persist in weakness,
                    take flight in
blindness or wait for sight?

Once much afraid,
                       I am in
                                need
of a brand new name.
That i might set forth also,
                   set like flint
my face.
Learn of love.

Write at the Merge




12 comments:

  1. My favorite line is "Your hands know of this/recognize pain." There's such a sense of aching and melancholy in them that is emphasized throughout the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting a lot of comments about the pain in my pieces. I guess I'm writing a lot of therapeutic type stuff, lately. :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful piece, I can really feel and see the conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful piece, I can really feel and see the conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ardent bands of brilliance..."

    Now that is brilliant! This was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only you,
    and I resist
    and I
    succumb.
    Beautiful.
    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always read poetry a loud and your poetry is fun to read. It reminds of e.e. cummings -- floating and dancing on the page.

    My favorite line was this one:
    "It's only you, and I resist
    and I
    succumb."

    Oh, I liked that line very much:~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your writing took my on a ride of sorts...through words of conflict. Once I began, I had to keep going. Well done!

    ReplyDelete