Saturday, April 6, 2013

true-blue

How the grass
                   still grows here,
                     I do not know.
High, and waving on,
waving on.
     It's the indigo
sky of warm
           which made it so, perhaps.  At least,
that's what I tell myself,
driving
                                        down,
even with an aching
beating
warning me in double time
to
                              turn around.
But I can't,
                                       and I won't,
till
                                                       I grasp,
clutching, what's marked.
           I want the complication of the raw to stain while I cull out what's undecayed,
because in the glass of liquefying
                                          landscape,
I see so much I never understood,
and I'll lay
                                                                                                                      low
in it,
all for you.
It's time
  to
    face the history,
             honor the glitter of imposing season,
state
                       the birthing and
                        give
                       tribute,
finally,
to the wealth which waited.
Without us.
                             Without you.
 I said it.
With.
   I'm leaving something out.
With intent.  I'm daring you to listen to the whisper of the rustling,
          to face the music of the space we once upon a time inhabited.
              Folly, maybe,
but the
swaying
steady,
still.
             It was I who staggered away,
                     shamed by morning.
                         And I'm sorry I couldn't stand.  I'm
                                     standing now.
Returned, alone, way out here, surrounded by the vacancy, but taking comfort in the possibility.
                         Because the wild needs
                                                   no reason, so I, too, will answer
                                                                            to the
glow of day,
heart
                    held out for rightful owner
to
                                            take possession,
risk but a challenge, and I'm true-blue as the surge this time.
            And loved.  So what else matters?

Naming Constellations

Miz Quickly's 
               
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment