Friday, January 31, 2014


I see her from the window.
  She ruffles,
just once, then settles,
back
still.

Her eyes
                             whisper
truth,
and she
      seems to hold at bay
       even the breeze.

Only the screen stands
between us, and she beckons
me to know her.

Just prior,
the creeping in of
                    everyday
had
peaked,
but now, absorbed,
I swell
with
      her subsistence 

A cloud dims
the ray I need,
but she
                                stays.
 I could dance
but fear her
flight.
                            Fresh
                            found,
I
wonder at her breed.
Unfazed, she follows my gaze
when sea of svaraj
breaks my concentration,
and a
wall turns me sideways.
Not a peep of reprimand
when I return, so I relax
          reposing.



At
  the window, allium, three in a
                                   row,
this side, on a metal rack,
the
                                   raw aroma, perhaps,
ruffling just once,
then perching.  A
                                                                stranger with eyes of truth, keeping
                                                                          even the breeze at bay,
                                                                                         beckoning through the
screen
to be known, to
absorb.
A cloud dimmed
a needed ray, and yet still
                                  stillness.  Feet tempted
                                                           movement but mind resisted.  Fresh
                                                                                                          found
of unknown
breed,
not a peep or reprimand,
so
self-rule reposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment