Monday, October 17, 2011




Bring me a cup of sunshine,
This coffee, black is failing me.
Yes, I need the warmth,
                   the light, the glow inside your
magic mug.
For mornings are my hardest
                                          time and joy is what I need.
                                          Throat swigs, liquid yellow drink.
Bring me a cup of sunshine,
                                   I'm giving up on the blue pill.
                                   It's air and meditation for me.
Colors,
changing, rearranging, rainbow
      new.
I'll take a cup of sunshine, please and maybe, a good book, too.



Write On Wednesdays

10 comments:

  1. Interesting piece. I liked the last line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Mornings are definitely the hardest lol. Melbourne's weather has been so awful for so long that the last two mornings have been like a little cup of sunshine for me. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKE this :) It's something a little bit different.

    Maybe we could try a poetry week? Hmmm, scary thought.

    Sunshine and a good book, a winning combination for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have what you're having please! It sounds delightful - you paint a lovely picture in just a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that glow inside your magic mug..love it, can I have a cup too please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! This is definitely where I lack in skill, but you have done a wonderful job. I can see the picture in my mind. It's somewhere I'd like to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the format and the chiming of 'rainbow' and 'a good book, too' in the last stanza. I like the way the double lines are off-set by the single line that precedes them as if a statement is made and then we hear the thoughts inside the narrators head. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this. Really quirky, unique and sweet. I liked the glow inside your magic mug. Just fantastic. The only bit that threw me was the bit about the blue pill. Not sure why as I just re-read it and it seemed to fit better on a second reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this. It's just so different and creative.

    ReplyDelete