Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Will





All girls long for little luxuries,
                             for flower feasts,
                             for deep bliss submersion.

So darling, though they bloom
 not as beautiful as you,
                   I will bring you roses, I will draw your bath.
                   I will paint your childhood with love, colors, vibrant, as best I can
                                                                           and your story, I'll pen with belles-lettres,
                                                                                                         while I'm able.

And when fully blossomed and in love
                                 my prayer will be that he, too,
                                                  will often bring you roses.


Submission for Thursday's Poet Rally, sepia scenes, feeling beachie



Black and White Wednesday



and then, she {snapped}

20 comments:

  1. What a sweet poem! And what a lucky little girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thoughtful love for her,
    best wishes...

    love the sentiments expressed here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little girl is so special - ours may be 22 and a college graduate, and is special but even sweeter when she was little. So, yours is a beauty and she no doubt appreciates the styling attention as she grows. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is beautiful. Our little girls are always our little girls no matter the age. xoXox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the kindness and innocence in this poem. It was very loving. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that was a beautiful poem, and the picturse lovely.... What a pretty and lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful.

    http://whisperedbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/10/beauty-in-cemetery.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, and I love how you de-saturated the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...little girls are little for such a short time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a sweet and loving poem and I too hope he will bring her roses
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/20/taken-from-me-on-halloween-night/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello.
    If he loves her, he'll not only bring her roses, but endless love, laughter, smiles & hugs (smile).

    So sweet & thoughtful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Bashful Lady

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought this was simply amazing. As a girl and a mother of girls, I felt this one deeply. Thank you for the good write.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sweet write! I have three boys so you have just given me a little "oh I could only hope" moment to attach myself to as have to threaten to hog tie them in the backyard and bathe them with the hose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweeeeet Mama! I really like this -- showing our little girls how should they be treated :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!

    Please come and take a look at some of the RUBIES at my page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous, the photos and the poem. Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are such a gem,
    love your entry.

    prepare a free verse and join poets rally week 55 tomorrow.
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete