Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daddy, why do you and Mommy fight?
Daddy, why are you leaving?
Daddy, please don’t go.

No, I barely remember that day.
Such a long time ago. 
Really, it’s not a big deal.
I’ve moved on.
Too much ado about nothing.

Mommy, does Daddy still love me?
Mommy, was it my fault?
Mommy, please don’t cry.

I don’t believe in marriage.
I don’t believe in God.
Really, I’m fine on my own.
It all amounts to
Much ado about nothing.

I don’t hear from my father.
I can’t talk to my mother.
God, are you there?

Yes, I once believed
But I’ve grown past that.
Really, I’m over it.
Those childhood games-
Much ado about nothing.

Father , is that You?
Lord, I’m on my knees.
God, please take this pain.

Child, I’ve heard you.
I’ve never once left.
Please believe Me,
Though there’s been pain,
I can make something from nothing.



2 comments:

  1. <3

    those questions look familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!



    Visiting from Mama Kat's.




    http://www.cynandco.com

    ReplyDelete