Thursday, August 18, 2011

Love Trumps Apathy

Being in love feels good.  I had forgotten.
                          Forgotten that heart contracting, flashing lights thrill.  And yet pronouncing proves hard, application of words, trite.  Might, I jinx it?
I had barely recalled these sensations, scorned
  all sentimentality and now know not why.
                                                                                What had hardened
My heart
                to these
 possibilities?  Now grabbing pleasure, this privilege once again, I clasp tight.   Love trumps apathy.
                                  All is well, healed, new.

6 comments:

  1. I can really relate to this, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's better to be all excited than bored, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your heart is healed and you have found love once again such a lovely poem
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/10/the-bird-of-love/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now grabbing pleasure, this privilege once again, I clasp tight... Nice line

    ReplyDelete