Monday, August 29, 2011

Dream

I dreamt I was in love with you again.  In the clouds, my eyes
                     saw nothing of the pain you caused me.   My
 heart yearned for you, not in the aching way it practiced toward
       the end but in the anticipating, longing way of our beginning.  I chased you through a field of passion, and you turned to
 me, to let me catch you.  Playful
                                                poppies sprung all around
                                                                     us, the sun of our youth shining down on all that once was new. 
                                                                                                                                                                                We lay like that sun would never set but when I woke, I returned to the
 barrenness you left me with and the quiet resignation I’ve learned to live with.


Where the hope still lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment